Browse and search the collections, select a book, and click on PDF to begin reading immediately in your browser.
Users can print, copy and paste, and download PDFs by chapter.
Where can I find the Library's eBooks?
The Library's MIT Press Direct collection is one of a variety of sources of eBooks. Search the Library's catalog for a comprehensive search of all eBooks available to you. Visit MIT Press Direct if you only want to see books included in our subscription to MIT Press Direct.
Who can read the Library's eBooks?
Department of Commerce staff and contractors stationed at the Herbert C. Hoover Building in Washington, DC, with a Library Account may use MIT Press Direct eBooks.
How do I read MIT Press Direct eBooks on my device or offline?
MIT Press Direct eBooks are available by chapter in DRM-free PDFs.
1. Turn on your VPN or get a Library Account
2. Start your eBook search in the Library's catalog:
3. Once you have found what you want to read, click on the title of the book and under View Online click on eBooks on MIT Press.
4. You will either be asked to log in with your Library Account or if you are on the VPN taken directly to the book.
5. The eBooks are broken up by chapter, click on PDF by the part you want to read.